right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

USC will no longer accept credit/debit card payment of tuition and fees.

UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum 1209 replies5 threads Senior Member
This is effective July 1, 2020. Any thoughts? I took advantage of this with my credit card giving me a 2% cash rebate when I paid for S's tuition. It is too bad I cannot prepay tuition prior to 7-1-2020.
edited July 13
5 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: USC will no longer accept credit/debit card payment of tuition and fees.

• SybyllaSybylla 5117 replies61 threads Senior Member
    edited June 26
    NM LOL.
    edited June 26
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 25010 replies20 threads Senior Member
    In 2014, both my kids' schools encouraged paying by cc and I took advantage. One school made a big deal of it at orientation, but that school changed without notice and I was lucky to have enough money in my checking account to do an ACH transfer. After that, better planning on my part. The other was a private school and allowed us to pay by cc without a fee for all 4 years - except that my daughter was on scholarship and after the first year I didn't have to pay anything and she got a 'refund' of her loan.
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6720 replies10 threads Senior Member
    I wonder if it's because the CC make it easy to dispute, which they may have experienced with covid. They have put up with the fees up to now, but it could be that.
    · Reply · Share
  • WWWardWWWard 3163 replies15 threads Senior Member
    It is because the CC companies have raised their fees. It therefore costs USC extra money to let tuition and fees be paid via CC. It's an easy fix though for those that were paying that way, as you can simply enter checking account info and have it come directly out of a bank account.
    · Reply · Share
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN 6236 replies117 threads Senior Member
    Ya, those 3%+ credit card processing fees on top of the bank's processing fees can be brutal on any business.
    · Reply · Share