Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Competetiveness

emyemy Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
How competetive are the people at USC? are they cutthroat? and how are the sciences at 'SC?
Post edited by emy on

Replies to: Competetiveness

• rExRuN467rExRuN467 Registered User Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    USC, uh...it is one of the top 30 colleges in America. Well, when i went there to visit my cousin, the social life is pretty good but i dont think its cutthroat. obviously there is competition, but not like UCLA,UCSD, UCB,etc...
  • MrTrojanManMrTrojanMan Registered User Posts: 687 Member
    poeple here will help you out, if you ask.

at uci before i transferred, i remember when i was bio major other student would purposfully tell me incorrect info to screw me over. this happened to me in both o-chem and in molecular biology.
  • arXaelarXael Registered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
    omg, i got accepted to UCI too, but my dream school is USC, and i still havent heard from USC yet, which i think i got rejected.. what was your stats when you transfered? or rather what criteria do you need to have?
  • rumbean22rumbean22 Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    From an east coast perspective, it is so funny to hear about people being throat cutters at state schools...do people out there really consider the UC's to be as good as a private like USC? (UCLA and Berk. excepted)
  • steakysteaky Registered User Posts: 301 Junior Member
    The UC system is up there with strong private schools. It is getting harder and harder to get accepted to a UC. UCB, UCLA, UCSD, and UCI are the most competitive in my eyes but the thing about UCI is all the smart kids that couldve gone to another top UC chose to go there.UCI is like a UCLA to me.
This discussion has been closed.