Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.
annyny419annyny419 Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
This is for all my fellow indecisive/procrastinators out there...is the day we have to respond to USC the postmark date of May 1st? Or does it all have to get there by May 1st?
Post edited by annyny419 on

Replies to: Hmm

• protokuriosprotokurios Registered User Posts: 681 Member
    I believe it must be postmarked by May 2, even though it says May 1, because May 1 is a Sunday. The vice president of admissions told us this at Explore USC.
  • poLarbeArpoLarbeAr Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    for everyone who hasn't decided yet...does this mean we're going to end up with crappy housing since all the good stuff is already taken by now? (or is it...?)
  • trojangirlie05trojangirlie05 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    I've said it once and I will say it again...

There is no "crappy" freshman housing at USC. There are some that are better than others for various reasons, but all of it is well maintained and nice. It's also not tiny like other freshman dorms at a certain U across town. No matter what housing you end up with, it will be ok, and if you hate it you can always request reassignment.

Lastly, overflow housing goes into the Radisson...and really, you can't beat that!
  • uschickauschicka Registered User Posts: 562 Member
    polarbear, if your choices are some of the more popular places, then there is a good chance they are already full. It is true that there is no bad housing for freshmen; you just might end up with the less-desired options. If you are worried, you can still send in your housing deposit. It's not that much to pay, if you really want a certain place, but still aren't sure if you're going there.
This discussion has been closed.