right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Clubs at USC?

EiffelEiffel 1191 replies179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
Pretty much the only thing I'm not so sure about in regards to USC is the seeming lack of student organizations on campus. When comparing it to Brown University, for example, Brown has tons of really interesting and unique organizations to partake in, while USC doesn't seem to have many at all. Are people just not really involved with clubs at USC since the frat/sorority scene is more popular? Are there any clubs that are active and have a decent amount of members? Maybe the USC website just doesn't list all the clubs or something. I know I could possibly start some myself, but it'd be nice if there were already established organizations too, since I'm not going to be part of the frat/sorority scene and would like other group-based avenues to meet people who share my interests or passions. Thanks for any info. :)
edited September 2009
9 replies
Post edited by Eiffel on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Clubs at USC?

• kmzizzlekmzizzle 1190 replies58 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    clubs for what specific industry/association?
    · Reply · Share
  • EiffelEiffel 1191 replies179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Just a variety of clubs...to go back to the Brown comparison (sorry, it's just a good example :)), there are a lot of diverse clubs I'd like to join...helping Chinese orphans in one, appreciating French culture in another, improving education about bisexuality and pansexuality in another, and the list goes on...So I don't necessarily have one association I'm interested in; a variety of diverse clubs would be nice though so I could see which I'd like to join. From what I see on the USC site, the only ones I might join are USC Anime and USC Outfitters. I guess I wouldn't have time to join ALL of the aforementioned Brown clubs either, but it'd be nice to choose from a vast array of unique clubs at least.
    · Reply · Share
  • akalboyakalboy 822 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 847 Member
    USC Student Organizations

That should be all of the approved clubs at USC. Granted a few might have missed recognition deadlines (and thus not listed), that SHOULD be most of them.
    · Reply · Share
  • KulakaiKulakai 1649 replies34 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,683 Senior Member
    Looking at the website I see a ton of clubs not on there so it must be many missed the deadline for getting recognized at the beginning of the year. This is common at *all* colleges. If you look do some more thorough searching you'll find out there are a ton of student orgs at USC for pretty much anything you are interested in.
    · Reply · Share
  • HawkwingsHawkwings 1202 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    A cursory count of the listed clubs there comes out to about 350. And if you look around on campus, I'm sure you can find many more.
    · Reply · Share
  • SolomonmSolomonm 302 replies24 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 326 Member
    If there's one you want to join that's not already there why don't you start it yourself =)
    · Reply · Share
  • EiffelEiffel 1191 replies179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    ^In my OP, "I know I could possibly start some myself, but it'd be nice if there were already established organizations too, since I'm not going to be part of the frat/sorority scene and would like other group-based avenues to meet people who share my interests or passions."

:D So yeah, I may in fact start some myself, but it's always nice when there are already other people who know how to run it and can organize activities. :)

But thanks for the info, guys! Is there any type of "club fair" where students can see what clubs exist and join? Or is it more word-of-mouth?
    · Reply · Share
  • akalboyakalboy 822 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 847 Member
    There is an Involvement Fair at the beginning of each semester. Clubs apply the semester beforehand to have a spot there. So many of the organizations, but again not all, will be represented there. It's a great time to see the multitude of activities there. It happens on Trousdale, so it's hard to miss.
    · Reply · Share
    Awesome! Thanks. :D
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity