Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Clueless applicant - HELP!

op9no2op9no2 Registered User Posts: 282 Junior Member
I'm a senior who wants to apply to USC. I know absolutely nothing about applications, what a spring admit is, scholarships, etc... So I'm just going to ask if anyone will give me a basic outline of applying to USC, the basics of a letter of recommendation, everything!

I recently got a reminder in the mail that USC's "Application Part I" deadline is due by October 15... This made me panic, since it was coming very quickly. I tried to register an account on the USC website, but it gives me an error whenever I try to save my information, so I'm lost.
Post edited by op9no2 on

Replies to: Clueless applicant - HELP!

• adambedfordadambedford Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    Don't worry too much about Part 1 if you cant finish it in time. It's not compulsory and is only really there so you can show an interest in USC (also saves you a small amount of money on the application process i believe.)

The deadline(s) you do need to focus on are December 1st (if you are applying for merit aid) and January 15th (regular admissions - no merit aid)

Merit scholarships are awarded to the best applicants based upon academic success (ie. highest GPA/SAT scores) and should you receive one/be considered for one, you'll be notified in early February.

I'm not sure why the USC application website wouldn't work but I do remember some people on here having trouble a few weeks ago (possibly the same problem?)
  • FindAPlaceFindAPlace Registered User Posts: 4,706 Senior Member
    Make sure your browser is up to date or the USC app website will be a bit glitchy.
This discussion has been closed.