Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
madeforuscmadeforusc Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
I know this is pretty random but is anyone else as obsessed about getting in to USC as I am? I swear, I fantasize about receiving an acceptance letter almost every second of the day, and I'm not even done with my application letter yet!
Post edited by madeforusc on

Replies to: Obsessed

• victoria2victoria2 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Same here. I'm thinking about USC 24/7. I swear I'll go crazy if I get that letter!
  • EiffelEiffel Registered User Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    I'm pretty darn obsessed with USC too. My brother teases me about always having at least 1 (and usually more) USC tabs open on my browser at any given time. Even the key to my home is a USC key though I haven't even finished my application yet. :P
  • cc411cc411 Registered User Posts: 1,724 Senior Member
    That obsession can actually last a very long time. (I'm proof.)
  • adambedfordadambedford Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    I'm the same! I seem to spend far too long obsessing about USC and not enough time actually preparing.
    To all the obsessed hopefuls: is USC your first choice? I would imagine so, but sometimes people get obsessed with all the colleges they apply to. :P
  • Alex7592Alex7592 Registered User Posts: 957 Member
    I'm the same! I seem to spend far too long obsessing about USC and not enough time actually preparing.

hahahaha same
    What is your first-choice major at USC? Mine is business administration.
    Mines Music Industry in Thornton.

How is everyone coming on with their application? ie. How much of it have you completed so far? I haven't started writing my essay yet and I'm a bit worried I'm leaving it too late!
    I'm working on my application and I think I'll be fine. I already wrote my first essay draft but I still have to take the SAT because im Dutch, hopefully I will get a good score.
    I've finished everything except the two biggies: the essay and the short answers. I've done brainstorming for them, though, and this weekend is probably the weekend I'm really going to try to whip out my rough drafts.

As for my major, I'm applying for Writing for Screen and Television. For that, I've finished one of my "creative challenge" scenes and have been brainstorming for the other. I know pretty much what I want to write for the "emotional moment" essay too but I have to get working on it!
    I'm also international vistoria!...and I haven't taken my SAT yet either :S

I think I'm going to work on my essay with weekend as well, if only to give myself some peace of mind that I'm doing something constructive towards USC!
    Really? You're international too? Where are you from?

How are you preparing yourself for the SAT? English is not my native language so as the date comes closer I'm starting to freak out a little.

Which essay question are you going to use for your essay?
    Oh, and one other thing... are international students required to take the SAT? Because on Collegeboard it says: required for some.
    I'm from England!

Im probably not preparing enough for the SAT, but I'm using the Official Collegeboard Study Guide and some notes I found on this website.

It's not required for internationals (unless they attended an american school or an international school studying the american curriculum. I guess you did the IB?...I did A levels so I dont NEED to do it, but I'm applying to other schools which do require it so I have to do it anyway.)

For the essay I think I'm going to write about a challenge that I overcame through persistence. What about you?
  • cc411cc411 Registered User Posts: 1,724 Senior Member
    What standardized tests does USC require for admission?

USC requires scores from the SAT or the ACT (with optional writing component) from:

--All freshman applicants (including international students) who are attending high school in the U.S. (and strongly recommended for students attending high school in Canada).
    --Freshman applicants who attend overseas American or International schools that follow the U.S. education system.

FAQs - USC Undergraduate Admission
This discussion has been closed.