right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Do all usc frats haze???

Replies to: Do all usc frats haze???

• kmzizzlekmzizzle 1190 replies58 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    there*

oh and lol @
    Sigma Chi is the best fraternity
    · Reply · Share
  • bbggbbgg 488 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 496 Member
    Just a little push for Sigma Chi. They have a very active parents group by the way!
    · Reply · Share
  • Brazil2014Brazil2014 7 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    What about phi psi? Does anyone know what they do in terms of hazing?
    · Reply · Share
  • wanderlustingwanderlusting 256 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    ^^ Hahaha, if you're worried about hazing, don't pledge Phi Psi. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • Brazil2014Brazil2014 7 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    oh, great....

what are some of the rituals they do for hazing?
    · Reply · Share
    This is what rush week is all about. Go and meet people from many houses. Ask questions from friends you meet who are looking at some of the same houses. You will know when you find the right one.
    · Reply · Share
    Besides, hazing is not something most fraternities are going to broadcast and those that pledge generally try to keep this hush hush.
    · Reply · Share
  • yohaha123yohaha123 15 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Brazil2014 wrote:
    What about phi psi? Does anyone know what they do in terms of hazing?

Well take this with a grain of salt, but when I was talking to my friend who is a rising sophomore he told me that if you were going to pledge at a fraternity, there are certain ones to avoid and Phi Psi was one of them. He didn't really go into detail but he told me that they do some really ugly, humiliating things, including things that can cause you to question your gender and just hurt your reputation or your health overall. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, it is very unfortuante that the upperclassmen would humiliate their rushees like that just as an act of initiation.

But keep in mind that they like to keep their hazing techniques insulated from their rushees, so the little information thats out is pretty much based on false rumors and could very well be far from the truth.
    · Reply · Share
    sigh....just great:(

Well I guess that is true that most frats don't want anyone finding out about their hazing, so a lot of the buzz is just a bunch of rumors. But still, the fact that someone warned you not to even pledge phi psi is kinda scary. Has anyone else heard anything like this from phi psi?

And yeah bbgg you are right, I will know when I'm in the right house, but what if find the right house but then discover humiliating hazing rituals once I've accepted the bid?
    · Reply · Share
  • wanderlustingwanderlusting 256 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    Darling, I'm a sophomore at USC, and I have a group of close friends from Phi Psi. Like I told you before, if you're worried about hazing (physical and mental) DO NOT PLEDGE THERE. It's not a ~rumor; there are a group of fraternities that are known for their tough pledge semester. Phi Psi is one of them. I'm a girl, so I don't know any more than speculation, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you - but this is a pretty well known fact. I've seen pledges in the mornings after a particularly hard night, and they just looked like death.

Any particular reason why you want to be in Phi Psi so badly? To be quite honest, as a house, they're one of my least favorites on the row. They're all pretty boys, but most of them I've encountered have been complete d***s.
    · Reply · Share
    Darling, I'm a sophomore at USC, and I have a group of close friends from Phi Psi. Like I told you before, if you're worried about hazing (physical and mental) DO NOT PLEDGE THERE. It's not a ~rumor; there are a group of fraternities that are known for their tough pledge semester. Phi Psi is one of them. I'm a girl, so I don't know any more than speculation, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you - but this is a pretty well known fact. I've seen pledges in the mornings after a particularly hard night, and they just looked like death.

Any particular reason why you want to be in Phi Psi so badly? To be quite honest, as a house, they're one of my least favorites on the row. They're all pretty boys, but most of them I've encountered have been complete d***s.

The main reason is that my friend is in phi psi, and he really enjoys it. He says he has so much fun and that everyone is really chill. Some of his close friends are from his fraternity and he said that everyone was really friendly to him. The way he described it, he made it seem like it was a great experience. Hmm, it was probably a great experience after the fact that he was humiliated.
    · Reply · Share
    Exactly Brazil, how on earth are you supposed to have any kind of brotherhood with those that have humiliated you in hazing. You sound like the kind person who is not going to respect this kind of hazing. Your friend may have been more tolerant of such things. Besides i have heard thru my son that Phi Psi got into some trouble last semester with some of their hazing tactics. That might mean that next semester things may be tamer. Also just a side note here do not under any circumstances refer to a fraternity as a "frat". You will not be respected for doing so.
    · Reply · Share
    Eh, just because your friend is in a house, it does not mean that that house is specifically right for you. Like my best friend at SC is in a different sorority than I am, and even though I love her to death and we get along super well, I could NOT see myself in her sorority.

I'd say to try and talk to as many people as you can during rush week; the first day at the barbeque is probably the most important time to reach out and mill around - and find a group of guys you click with. We can sit here and even arbitrarily "rank" fraternities and even talk about their supposed hazing techniques; but it all doesn't matter if you don't fit in and get along with the guys in the house. You're going to have to get a bid from them before you worry about the hazing semester.
    · Reply · Share
  • PearUbuPearUbu 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi...does anyone at SC use the term 'plebe' to describe new members of fraternities? Or is there a more commonly-used term?
    · Reply · Share
  • sfgiantssfgiants 1452 replies37 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,489 Senior Member
    haven't heard plebe, pledge is more common.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity