Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of me getting ON CAMPUS HOUSING?

hbanana092hbanana092 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
Ok...I was a CAP student at UTSA. Since we are treated like transfer students, we dont really get our acceptances until late May (I got mine May 23) I wasnt sure if i'd make it to UT so I paid my 50 dollar housing thing in late March which apparently is extremely late (considereing freshman and others pay in like december and stuff). After reading the whole UT Austin housing thread, the chances of me being in on campus housing seems to be extremely low, at least from my point of view.

So what do I do now??? I'm not sure if I should lease with Dobie. I really wanted San Jac or Duren (even littlefield would be nice at this point) but I know I have NO chance of getting it.

Oh and if you want an apartment, but don't know anyone...how do you find roomates for it? Is it randomly assigned
Post edited by hbanana092 on

Replies to: Chances of me getting ON CAMPUS HOUSING?

• buriedalieburiedalie Registered User Posts: 855 Member
    About the apartment thing, you're pretty much on your own as far as finding roommates unless you get into one of the bigger, more popular student complexes like J26, The Block, Quarters, etc. Lots of people use Craigslist to find roommates/sublessees.
  • sasha2014sasha2014 Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    For the record, Littlefield is for freshman girls only and it's really pretty and homey! If you're a CAP student then you're probably a sophomore or higher! It'd be really late at this point. You could give it a shot, but I mean it's been open to everyone for a long time now! Off campus isn't that bad if you just look into the neighborhoods of West Campus or North Campus. I wouldn't want to live on campus after my freshman year. Need to get a away at some point! I like a place without a desk attendant or silly rules like no toasters allowed lol! But that's just me.

If you still want a dorm like atmosphere, look into private dorms, ya know! I'm all for co-ops if you're hippy dippy, they're loads of fun.

And as for multi-roomed or shared apartments, around here, I'm pretty sure some of them do potluck!
This discussion has been closed.