Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

If you live off campus, is it hard to make friends/meet people?

hbanana092hbanana092 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
This may be a stupid question, but I am transferring this year as a sophomore and I plan to live in an apartment near campus. I'm not interested in Dobie or the Castillain (off campus dorming in general)

That being said, i am a social person, not a 24/7 partyer neither a loner, and I was wondering, is it hard to meet UT Austin students off campus? Are people friendly? I'm afraid I will never get to know my neighbors or people in classes....
Post edited by hbanana092 on

Replies to: If you live off campus, is it hard to make friends/meet people?

• sasha2014sasha2014 Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    You'll be fine as long as you don't go home every weekend! I had a friend who did that and go figure he never made friends, thus, didn't survive UT. He's back home at boring ol' UTSA (pardon me if you're CAP from there). Most people here are friendly, like anywhere really. And there's sooooo many people here, you're gonna be bound to find your niche at some point in time!

Isn't there a transfer sort of orientation? If so and if you are going to that, that would be a good time to make friends! Or dude, just get yourself into a club yeah or rush, whatev. Yeah, don't worry, it's not gonna be a problem for ya! :)
This discussion has been closed.