Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will I fit in at UT as a black person?

2»

Replies to: Will I fit in at UT as a black person?

• matoxxmatoxx Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Yea I visited last year and it was beautiful!
    I'm not bothered by the lack of black people (because I've been going to 90% black high school for 4 years lol). As long as UT is a friendly place where everyone gets along regardless of ethnicity then I'm good.
    Good luck on get accepted! I got accepted in November
  • nickhartnickhart Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    When I did my campus visit I expected everyone to look exactly the same .. talk exactly the same .. I read the stats on In State Texans and expected no diversity. I honestly think when I walked around campus there was so much diversity .. I saw every race ... no one had a Texan accent (I thought that was a little weird actually). I was a bit surprised at the diversity actually since they say so many students are In State .. I guess a lot of people re locate to Texas from other areas and are not born in Texas.
    that is so true! No one had a stereotypical "texan" accent. Alot of the students sounded like they were from California strangely...
  • Te4mVygrinTe4mVygrin Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Lol "black person" it doesn't really matter your race, ethnicity, or nationality just study and work hard
    lol i know i phrased that weirdly hahah i didnt know how else to put it. but thank you for your words!!
2»
This discussion has been closed.