right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chances of Aerospace Engineering Acceptance?

screwedbutnotscrewedbutnot 3 replies4 threadsRegistered User New Member
What are my chances of getting into UT as an aerospace engineering student?
Top quarter with 3.6 unweighted (no ap or honors offered)
1450: r:650 m:800
Income less than 100k with single parent
2 jobs, robotics, my alpha theta president, NASA Summer program, 100+- volunteering hours
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances of Aerospace Engineering Acceptance?

  • GreymeerGreymeer 783 replies11 threadsRegistered User Member
    edited September 10
    Are you instate?

    UTs engineering admit rate is 26%.
    Your SAT score is above average for UT engineering. You probably have about a 50% chance if you are in your school's top 6%.
    edited September 10
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 38379 replies2103 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    The user posted, "top quarter." If that really means just top 25%, I would say the chances are poor.
    · Reply · Share
  • CuriousGeorgeTXCuriousGeorgeTX 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    UT Engineering is a reach for anyone outside the top 6% and especially for those outside the top 10%. Aerospace engineering is one of the smaller engineering programs and while your SAT score is decent, the competition is fierce for a specialized program like Aerospace Eng, so bring the heat in your application and stand out beyond just your academics.
    · Reply · Share
  • CuriousGeorgeTXCuriousGeorgeTX 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Greymeer wrote: »
    Are you instate?

    UTs engineering admit rate is 26%.
    Your SAT score is above average for UT engineering. You probably have about a 50% chance if you are in your school's top 6%.


    I’m not sure where you got this information but it doesn’t sound right. One of the engineering pages does say the average SAT is over 1400.. (which is vague), but that most students graduate in the top 10% of their class.

    http://www.engr.utexas.edu/about/facts-and-rankings
    · Reply · Share
  • coolguy40coolguy40 2156 replies2 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 17
    I'm guessing you're out of state because UT doesn't look at GPA. They decide based on class ranking. If that's the case, UT reserves 90% of applicants for Texas residents, which means your chances are 10% at best. That's just getting into the university. Getting into the engineering school is even more competitive. Chances would be slim to none.
    edited September 17
    · Reply · Share
Sign In or Register to comment.

Recent Activity