right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

UT Engineering Fall 2020 Regular decision Applicants

TXgreenTXgreen 8 replies2 threads New Member
Howdy!
I figured I would create a thread for UT Engineering applicants since some of us are still agonizing over the wait. I didn't see a separate Engineering thread, if already exists please redirect.
Please post your stats and let us know if you got accepted or are waiting for a decision for the School of Engineering.

In state/OOS:
When applied and when accepted:
Major (first/second):
ACT/SAT Scores:
WGPA / UW GPA:
Class rank:
ECs:

Anything else that you can add that will help this year's and or next year's students.
Thanks!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UT Engineering Fall 2020 Regular decision Applicants

• awlcharrisawlcharris 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Daughter admitted to Petroleum Engineering (applied day opened & heard Dec 17)
    In State
    SAT 1420 ACT 30
    GPA 3.86 UW 4.40 W (moved from competitive school fr/so year with 5.0 scale gpa where only 2-3 A's given per class in CO to extremely competitive jr/sr with 6.0 scale in TX where mostly A's given but 100% is different than 90%) She was ~10% in CO but 27% in TX
    ECs Lots of sports at upper JV, lower V level. Lots of volunteering but not really with intention to influence admissions.
    Will have 6 AP but only one 3 in Spanish so far
    She didn't do any essays since she figured it was a long shot since class ranking was so low but was admitted anyway.

Also admitted to Colorado School of Mines is ($46k/yr) and Texas Tech Honors ($19k) after scholarships. CSM is her first choice but will only go if aid can lower cost to below UT. She's still holding on to Tech for the study-abroad opportunities and the Honors dorm we already paid the $750 application fee for. She is waiting to see if she gets on-campus housing at UT which is very limited. She paid the appl fee late Dec so we'll see where that puts her in line.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 39890 replies2196 threads Super Moderator
    I can't imagine declining UT in-state for CSM or TT.
    · Reply · Share
  • TXgreenTXgreen 8 replies2 threads New Member
    It has been awfully quite here.....anymore waves coming for Engineering?
    · Reply · Share
  • FloMoMomFloMoMom 263 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @awlcharris submitting your UT housing application in December is still pretty early. I don't think your daughter will have any trouble getting on-campus housing. Hook 'em!
    · Reply · Share