right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Has COVID spoiled your campus visit plans? Meet with 50+ schools at our virtual college fair College Fair tomorrow, Sept. 29! Register NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

UT Spring 2021 Transfer Thread

makingthemost111makingthemost111 3 replies1 threads New Member
Hi everybody! I know the application isn't due for a few months, but I don't see a thread yet for spring semester transfers, so maybe this can be it. I'll be applying for CNS Biology.
12 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UT Spring 2021 Transfer Thread

• plzlemmeinplzlemmein 16 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited July 10
    I'm also applying to transfer to UT for Spring 2021! Did you already submit your application? I'm applying for the Government major.
    edited July 10
    · Reply · Share
  • makingthemost111makingthemost111 3 replies1 threads New Member
    Awesome! And no, not yet. I've been busy with a summer Calc class so I'm going to try to knock out my application in August. What about you?
    · Reply · Share
  • plzlemmeinplzlemmein 16 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @makingthemost111 I submitted my app, transfer essays, and my college transcript a few days ago, but I have yet to even start my expanded resume :( I'm planning on waiting to get back to campus this august so I can ask for a professor recommendation in person, so I also don't think I'll have a complete application for a little while
    · Reply · Share
  • trynabesuccesfultrynabesuccesful 2 replies3 threads New Member
    Hey! Did you get to find out any transfer statistics / info about the acceptance rate for UT CNS in the Spring semester? I am also a UT Biology Spring 2021 Applicant, but I haven't been able to find much info.
    · Reply · Share
    @trynabesuccesful No, I haven't found much info either. Only that Spring admissions depend more on space available and less on merit than fall admissions do. I'll let you know if I find anything more specific.
    · Reply · Share
  • confidential919confidential919 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
    High School Stats: Top High School Math Science Academy
    GPA: 3.9/5.0
    ACT: 25

College stats:
    Major: Biology and Exercise Science
    GPA: 3.70 with 40 credits with 19 credits for Fall 2020.
    ECs: Research at local university, rowing club, biology honor society, co-founder of non-profit organization, asian student org, went to Asia to present to underprivileged schools on traumatic brain injuries, volunteering at homeless shelter

Applied undeclared - maybe will decide on Biology. What are your thoughts?
    · Reply · Share
  • RiverPhoenixRiverPhoenix 3 replies0 threads New Member
    According to their transfer guide, I do not think that you are allowed to transfer to UT as an "undeclared." You have to choose a specific major while filling out your application. Also, Biology and Exercise Science are two different majors, if you want to apply for both, you have pick one as your first option and the other one as your second option. With many activities, you are definitely having a great resume, your GPA is good. However, sometimes UT is quite picky, you should have a back up plan!!
    Do you mind sharing the classes that you took? if you already have Cal1, and at least 2 major-level science classes, you should be fine!!
    · Reply · Share
  • trynabesuccesfultrynabesuccesful 2 replies3 threads New Member
    Thanks so much!
    · Reply · Share
  • greenorchid11greenorchid11 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Will submitting one essay hinder my chances of getting accepted?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm pretty sure it's required to submit 2 essays.
    · Reply · Share
  • Sarah1973Sarah1973 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to see if someone could chance me!
    32 credit hours (44 after this semester)
    3.91 college GPA
    Applied to the College of Education

Good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • southerngirl99southerngirl99 1 replies0 threads New Member
    if you find out, please let me know. I'm also applying for college of ed!
    · Reply · Share