Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Aaaahhhh! What happened?

lastofthepirateslastofthepirates Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
Ok, so I want to start this out by noting 2 things:
1. I am venting frustrations here, nothing more.
2. I can be a little absent-minded at times.

Here's what happened. I applied to UT about three days before the deadline. Well, I should say that I finished my application three days before the deadline, all of my materials had been sent to them a week ahead of time. At first my status said that everything was in order and being processed, then I received an email saying that one of my transcripts was old. I called them, and I had somehow (read: stupidly) had sent an old transcript that didn't have my fall grades. Doh!

Obviously it was past deadline, and so I was about to **** a brick when the nice admissions lady told me how to remedy everything. I knew that UT was STRICT about getting everything in on time, but she let me know that my situation was minor and that I could send a letter addressed to the Appeals Committee so that my app would be considered. I did just that.

I waited patiently for a few days, then I quickly became insanely anxious. I seriously thought I had just fudged the whole thing. But, when I called admissions again, I was told that my appeal was accepted, all of my materials were in, and that my app was going to be processed and considered. Whew!

Well, once again I began my wait. This time I was no where near patient, and I am sure that I have checked the site about thirty times each day. I had noticed that they had still not changed me to having all materials in on the site, but I called and they assured me it had just not been updated. Finally, on 3/24, my status was updated to having received everything.

So, I am obviously waiting for my results. I work third shift, and I can occasionally access the internet through a work computer. When I logged on this evening, the status had changed to this:

"Because your application was not completed by the deadline, we're not able to consider you for admission at this time. Late applications are considered only if space remains available."

Aaaahhh! Obviously space will not be available! Perhaps I shouldn't have been so hopefull that everything was going to be fine, but I was assured by admissions that things were in motion. I've emailed them, and I will call first thing in the morning.

This isn't the only school I've applied to, but I was looking forward to at least being rejected after the hard work I put into the app. :(
Post edited by lastofthepirates on

Replies to: Aaaahhhh! What happened?

• IirokotreeIirokotree Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    LOL, omg i thought i was the only one. Keep in mind, i sent my SAT scores two weeks after the deadline. UT was the only school that actually cared. every other school said, "no problem, it's ok." But UT was >:(. They said that they'd give me space ONLY if there's room. But i don't really care. Actually, i was hoping i could even ask for my admissions fee back...
  • lastofthepirateslastofthepirates Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    -tree... thanks for the reply. I am actually a transfer applicant, so my app due date was later than the freshman apps. Good luck with UT and your other schools though!
This discussion has been closed.