Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

When engineering Honors Decision to come out?

thoenboythoenboy Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
How will you know if you get accepted into the Honors program or not? I got in for engineering, but have not heard anything from UT on my Honors application status.. anyone knows?
Post edited by thoenboy on

Replies to: When engineering Honors Decision to come out?

• inskeletonrockinskeletonrock Registered User Posts: 114 Junior Member
    i don't know. honors engineering is weird. my friend got into MIT/CalTech but rejected from UT Honors Engineering.
  • andrewhandrewh Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Everyone I've talked to has gotten a decision.
  • aarosurfaarosurf Registered User Posts: 660 Member
    engineering honors = useless
  • andrewhandrewh Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    aarosurf = idiot
  • dylaliendylalien Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    i'm wondering the same... if i was already accepted to dean's scholars, does this mean that they'll assume that i wanna go there and not give me my decision for engineering? (cuz i haven't gotten ANY decision for engineering whatsoever, honors or otherwise...)
  • xtraxtra Registered User Posts: 761 Member
    Who thinks DS was extremely hard to get to this year???
  • luluponylulupony Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    to dylalien. I was accepted into both Dean's Scholars and Engineering Honors, and I submitted my apps the night of the due date.

There are plenty of others students from my school who have already been admitted to EH. Have heard of no other DS from my school.

Engineering is only offering me $3,000 a year, so I'd probably not go.
  • sooxeesooxee Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    i haven't gotten anything from EH either :( i hope i'm not rejected. that would suck..?

oh well. MIT > UT =D
    oh, how do they notify you of your acceptance? o.o email? letter?
  • thoenboythoenboy Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    called UT on 24th and was told that they would mail out decision letter on 25th to all EH applicants, so far we have not received anything... Ohhh... they said for EH, the combined CR and M must be 1500.. i got only 1480..
  • dylaliendylalien Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    haha well that sucks for me because i only got a 1490...
  • aarosurfaarosurf Registered User Posts: 660 Member
    really, engineering honors doesnt do much at all for you. i am in it. i would recommend double majoring in plan 2 if you really want an honors program experience.
    what? that's unfair. an SAT score cutoff.
  • k14k14 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    I still haven't received any sort of notice from the engineering honors program (admission OR rejection)...

I applied in mid-late January, I'm instate, my SAT CR and M > 1500, and I've already gotten $6000/year scholarship money from the school of engineering itself.

What's going on...? Are they behind on sending letters or something, or does the fact that I still haven't received any sort of letter (or other type of communication) mean an automatic rejection from the EHP?
  • k14k14 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    bumpp .
This discussion has been closed.