Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

UT BHP vs USC Marshall

feladisfeladis Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
Right now, I have the Trustee Scholarship at USC, and I have in-state tuition at USC, so costs are similar. I have a feeling that McCombs BHP is a better program than Marshall, but I think if I find that Business isn't right for me, USC has better programs on the whole. Being in Texas vs California doesn't matter to me.

What should I do?
Post edited by feladis on

Replies to: UT BHP vs USC Marshall

• thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    I strongly disagree on the USC having better programs on the whole.

But of course, I'm biased. I also can defend my opinions though.

I would say that if you think your backup major would be a liberal arts major, then USC might be better. Natural sciences as well. They are really large colleges and you won't get a whole lot of individual attention. But if you're thinking of Comm, UT has an AMAZING Comm school. I'm not too familiar with USC there, but UT does very well.

Plus Vince Young beat the Trojans 41-38 at the 2006 Rose Bowl, which proves UT is a better school.
  • Myrmidon73Myrmidon73 Registered User Posts: 624 Member
    If your backup is in engineering or communications, go to UT, otherwise I'd suggest staying at USC.

Unless you love live music. Then come here. My friend's at USC, and he absolutely loves it (he was in the same spot as you).
  • VectorWegaVectorWega Registered User Posts: 1,872 Senior Member
    I'd pick based on fit or where I would like to live post-graduation. Both are good schools and you will have opportunities out of either, regardless of major.
  • feladisfeladis Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    I don't really have a back-up major, and I'm definitely not going into Communications. Unless BHP completely blows me away this weekend, I think Im going to end up at USC.

At USC, I will graduate with over 25 k in my pocket. Only break even at UT.
  • lovely__xxlovely__xx Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Wow, I'm in the exact same position as you feladis.
    I think BHP is a better program too, but I won't know for sure what aspects of it are truly better until Discover BHP this weekend.

On a side note, did you go to Trustee 1? That's the session I went to, so maybe we saw each other. I'm from Dallas. :)
  • feladisfeladis Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Haha, wow. We are so similar. I'm from Dallas too, and yes I was at Trustee 1! I meant to say in-state tuition at UT. So, it is very possible. Right now I am leaning towards USC, but I'm leaving UT open.
This discussion has been closed.