Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help me out a bit here!!

dharmesh_bhattdharmesh_bhatt Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
hey everyone,
im an international from India and im gonna apply to UTA. Could u tell me if we have to show cash worth all four years of our fees to get admissions? NY has such a law so i thought id ask about Texas. Please let me know

Thanks.
Post edited by dharmesh_bhatt on

Replies to: Help me out a bit here!!

• dharmesh_bhattdharmesh_bhatt Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    and hey could u also let me know the email address we can contact UTA on.....thanks
  • MidwestMom2Kids_MidwestMom2Kids_ Registered User Posts: 6,673 Senior Member
    You are required to have sufficient funds to cover your first year. Here is the form. The information and the form are on line in under UT Admissions, Undergraduate Admission, International Students.
    Financial Form

This site has phone and fax numbers and an "email us" link for the admissions department.
    Contact Admissions

By the way, when someone says UTA they usually mean U Texas Arlington. U Texas Austin is just called "UT."
    oh okk thanks man.......and u sure about the first year thing???......and btw could u tell me my chances??.......

here are my stats
    international form India

GPA 3.75/4

SAT I
    760 math
    630 CR
    680 writing

SAT II - i havent taken it yet but ill probebly get 750 - 800 in math and physics

TOEFL - iBT
    112/120

ECs
    50+ hours of community service
    2 state level tournaments in judo
    1 state tournament in gymnastics
    was selected for a national tournament in tae kwon do but didnt go so i dont think that counts
    interned at a nearby university
    got work experience in a reputable IT firm
    made a maglev train for my science project if that counts for nething
    and my school is the biggest in the city. nearly 7000 students so i guess thats credible engh

let me know my chances please

thanks
  • foxshoxfoxshox Registered User Posts: 923 Member
    Well they will probably be looking at your test scores mainly, and they might not be good enough. A 1390 is good enough for instate most of the time, but for an international you would need to be 1400-1450 to have a good chance. Not to say that you don't have a chance, but your not going to be a shoe in.
    oh okk thanks........and hey ive already taken the SAT I twice. do u think its fine to take it one more time?? does it make a bad impression on the college that i had three shots?? boz im pretty sure i can get better scores next time. somewhere in the 2150+ range.
  • MidwestMom2Kids_MidwestMom2Kids_ Registered User Posts: 6,673 Senior Member
    I don't think it will give them a bad impression if you take it a third time. It would be worth a try, I think.
  • thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    They don't care how many times you take it, they will still use the highest score on any single test date.

But it's hard to chance you without a class rank--in fact, it's pretty much impossible.
    oh okk thanks.........i really appreciate this
  • JuanEatsPandasJuanEatsPandas Registered User Posts: 325 Member
    I think you have a great chance of getting in. UT is really great, I'm sure you're going to like it a lot
This discussion has been closed.