Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Merit Scholarships for UT?

ExplorerCYExplorerCY Registered User Posts: 757 Member
hey. i'm having a hard time finding information about merit scholarships. do any of you have any knowledge or links about that?

o. and i'm OOS.
Post edited by ExplorerCY on

Replies to: Merit Scholarships for UT?

• Rh.Rh. Registered User Posts: 374 Member
  • ExplorerCYExplorerCY Registered User Posts: 757 Member
    what?! i was looking off the ut website for so long!

THANK YOU!
    ...anybody know how hard it is to get the OOS waiver?
    i have a 4.2, 34 act and 6 ap classes (so far a 5 in ap us gov).
    good leadership (president of a club, editor in chief of newspaper, local community board, important church board)

..thats the quick version
  • Rh.Rh. Registered User Posts: 374 Member
    They are not generous at all, my step brother received little financial aid and no scholarships and his application was amazing probably thought of as 'good' with CC standards.

My family's EFC is very little too

I heard UTSA's financial aid/scholarship is much more generous, but don't go there. I had to spend a week there for a german competition and the campus sucks ass.
  • thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    Merit based aid is ****ty...

BUT if you get any scholarship of at least $1,000 and are OOS you will get an OOS waiver in addition to that.

Full rides are pretty much non-existent unless you are a recruited athlete or are one of a very few incredible all-around applicants. To put it to you this way...Liberal Arts will have approx. 2500 entering freshman to the best of my knowledge this fall. Of them, 6 will be receiving scholarships from COLA. However, those scholarships are $52,000 each, so there are some definite benefits if you are an outstanding candidate.
  • kkwakkwa Registered User Posts: 265 Junior Member
    Depends on the college. Both Cockrell and CoFA give out pretty hefty scholarhips. Keeping a high gpa is also important to get inter-departmental/college scholarships.
This discussion has been closed.