Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Early Decision Application for Plan II and BHP

texan09texan09 Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
i have a question about the early decision applications for plan II honors and BHP...

let's say i applied for early decision into both BHP and plan II. in this case, does the office of admissions count me as an early decision applicant to those two honors programs only or do they count me as an early decisions applicant to the university as well?

the reason why i'm asking this is because i don't want to find out that i got rejected from both honors progams but have been accepted into the university (because of my tops 10% ranking), and then i would be forced to go to the university because of the binding nature of early decision.

so basically, i would be willing to apply as an ED applicant if the binding nature of the ED application applied only if i were accepted into either/both of those honors programs, and NOT if i were accepted into any other major in the university.
Post edited by texan09 on

Replies to: Early Decision Application for Plan II and BHP

• jsa928jsa928 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    UT-Austin does not have an ED plan of any type. The early applications you are referring to are early consideration. This is basically an early action. It informs you early of you honors program admission status. You should not worry about being bound to UT because of your top 10% status.
  • texan09texan09 Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    ohh i see. thanks for the info! but, are the chances of getting in as an early consideration applicant to the honors programs higher than the chances of getting in with regular decision?
  • thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    No. Usually, if you are accepted to honors early you will be accepted into the school early. If you are deferred or rejected by the honors program, don't expect a decision on UT until late March unless you're Texas Top Ten.
  • texan09texan09 Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    well i thought that early action/decision/consideration acceptance rates were generally higher than the regular decision acceptance rates for any university because the applicant is exhibiting like a real strong commitment/desire to getting in the school. so, wouldn't it be better for me to apply to the honors program as an early consideration applicant.

i think you might have misunderstood my question, because i'm asking if i should apply to the honors programs as an early consideration applicant or just as a regular applicant to the honors programs; not the other majors.
  • thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    Well if you are going to apply to BHP and Plan II, those are your two majors you put on your application, and you can't apply for any others as far as I know.
This discussion has been closed.