Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

When do people usually apply?

etranman1etranman1 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
I know you can apply as early as Aug. 1, but I'm planning on applying in late September or early october.

Do you think a lot of people would have applied already by the time i do?
Post edited by etranman1 on

Replies to: When do people usually apply?

• My Name Is JonasMy Name Is Jonas Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Well, at UT when it comes to housing it's first come first serve basis. If I were you I would fill out your app. ASAP so you can also do your housing app., and not be stuck with the possiblity of living in Jester haha.
  • etranman1etranman1 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    Can i fill out the app but send in the essays/transcript later when school starts?
  • MidwestMom2Kids_MidwestMom2Kids_ Registered User Posts: 6,673 Senior Member
    Yes, you can do it in stages. You don't need to send everything in at once. However, you won't be able to apply for housing til your application is complete.
  • boozleC3boozleC3 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    I'm hoping this upcoming semester gives me a boost for a better chance at getting in. Is there a way they will only get my transcript after this first semester to make a decision? or will that be too late no matter when I apply they see it as it is now and say nope go CAP.

I don't know how to say what I'm asking but maybe someone understands
  • thelonerangertheloneranger Registered User Posts: 1,624 Senior Member
    you can wait but your housing will likely be in jester for the fall if you get in
This discussion has been closed.