Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

The University of Texas Dorms

1555657585961»

Replies to: The University of Texas Dorms

• Ameizyvyl8Ameizyvyl8 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @Ya Ya: Thanks for the information! I also saw a video of Whitis Court from Freshman Support on YouTube. Thanks again.
  • 2btpts2btpts Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    My son stayed in San Jac his freshman year......If we were doing it all over again, Jester would be perfectly fine for him.

Sunnydayfun, thanks for that observation. I think what causes confusion is that some people have great experiences in Jester, while others are just plain miserable. I think it depends on if you're placed in East vs. West. One side seems to be a gross, smelly, prison like fortress. The other is just like a large, normal dorm. Large and normal is fine. The other, not so much.

But I'm trying to remember I'm looking at this from a 44 yr old woman's point of view. In reality I don't think my son will really mind anything as long as he is finally living away at school somewhere.

Edited to add: about the cleaning supplies - lol. I've been thinking about the easiest cleaning tools I can set him up with if he gets a private bathroom. But, yeah, he probably won't use them. So maybe community baths are the best option. :-)
  • germanshepmomgermanshepmom Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    My son (OOS engineering student from Indiana) didn't put in his deposit/application for housing until December 15th. (We didn't know anything about the small amount of on-campus housing).

He has been accepted into the Honors Engineering Program, given a scholarship, etc. and a BIG draw for us would be his being able to live in the Honors Quad. I know there is no guarantee he will get a spot in those dorms, but does anyone have info on whether his December 15th date for his deposit/application is going to be just too late to get this housing preference?
  • courtneyscourtneys Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    @germanshepmom that actually sounds really early. Also, when the UT representatives came to my school, they said that even though the website says so otherwise, honors kids usually would get to be in the honors dorm if they apply for them.
This discussion has been closed.