Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Engineering Scholarships

heinochusheinochus Registered User Posts: 490 Member
Does anyone know when the merit scholarships that Cockrell apparently gives to some incoming freshmen are announced/when applicants hear about them? I heard that they are only decided upon in June, or at least well after the deadline to commit to a college. Since this could be a big factor in whether or not I attend UT, I'm wondering if this is true.
Post edited by heinochus on

Replies to: Engineering Scholarships

• QueenofEverythinQueenofEverythin Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    As I previously answered on your other post, my son received his notification of a Cockrell scholarship in February. He had until May1st to accept it or decline it.
  • heinochusheinochus Registered User Posts: 490 Member
    Ah. On the other topic, when you said that your son got his letter in February, I thought you meant a general letter of acceptance into Cockrell.

Well, thanks for responding twice! Question answered :)
  • QueenofEverythinQueenofEverythin Registered User Posts: 353 Member
    Yes, I can see I should have been a little clearer! It is my understanding that Cockrell is pretty generous with scholarships, as they have more money than the other colleges. I have heard that the amount given is primarily dependant on SAT scores. I believe the levels are 3K per year, 6k per year and 9k per year, for 4 years. They require a 3.5 GPA to keep them. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.