Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

fall 2006 application

pooterpooter Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
does anyone know when the fall 2006 application will be out? i went to applytexas but they only have the one for spring 2005. and does anyone know how many teacher/counselor recommendations are needed?
Post edited by pooter on

Replies to: fall 2006 application

• pooterpooter Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    wow, thanks guys for that rush of enthusiasm. anyways, i found out that the texas common application is released sept. 1, 2005 and recommendations are not needed but they're looked at if given.
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Registered User Posts: 22,386 Senior Member
    What is the one on the website that says 2005-2006? I thought that was the one to use now.
  • pooterpooter Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    i read somewhere on the plan II honors site that the plan II application is being released on sept 1, 2005 to coincide with the release of the texas common application.
  • tanmantanman Registered User Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    MomofWildChild, which website are you referring to? I applied to UT last year, so I re-logged into my ApplyTexas account and the only semester I can apply for right now is Spring 2006.

From the Plan II website, "Beginning September 1, 2005, the honors program(s) application and downloadable required supporting document forms will be available ... This date coincides with the release of the Texas Common Application and the opening of the 2006-2007 application cycle"
    http://www.collegefortexans.com/applying/commonapp.cfm

You can download and/or print the application from that site. I assumed it was good for this year.
    Forget it- that is last year's application. It is correct that the new one won't be available until after September 1.
This discussion has been closed.