Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Out of State Chances...

taffytaffy - Posts: 2,356 Senior Member
would i be able to get into UT with this? I would probably apply undecided. Also, does AFROTC give me a boost? I'm planning on doing that.

GPA:3.32
SAT (the new one): 1360 without writing, 2010 with (720 math, 640 reading, 650 writing)
school doesn't rank

Sports:
Soccer, Badminton, Muay Thai (kickboxing)

Clubs:
Interact - Vice President
PC Gaming Club - Founder and President
Math Club - Member

Community Service:
Interact club, no idea how many hours we serve.
school requires 70 hours outside of interact.

I am a white californian male

i had advanced freshman classes, none were 5.0 classes though.

Sophomore year: "AS Chemistry - HP"
Junior year: "AS Physics - HP" and "Analytic Geometry/Calculus - HP"
Senior year am taking: "AP Calculus AB" and "AP Physics" and "AP Statistics"
Post edited by taffy on

Replies to: Out of State Chances...

• kbfunkymonkeykbfunkymonkey Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    is it possible to apply undicided?
  • taffytaffy - Posts: 2,356 Senior Member
    i just checked, and i have to apply to 2 majors and if i dont get into either one of those they might put me into liberal arts undecided... anyways, right now i dont know what i want to major in, so assume i am applying to the easiest school to get into, which sounds like liberal arts.
    and while we're at it, chances for Texas A&M too?
  • kbfunkymonkeykbfunkymonkey Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    Texas A&M chances are much greater....lots of people dont agree with me that A&M is much easier to get into....but if you have pretty good stats and you really show them that you actually what to go there...you could probalby get in.....

Thats one thing I hate about UT, they have so many people that want to go there, that they really dont care if you wanna go there or not cuz if you dont want it someone else will.... but i would go to UT any day if i only could....lol
    TAMU and UT seem like completely different schools, i think ut is more for me.
  • dcfcadcfca Registered User Posts: 1,552 Senior Member
    A&M actually is easier to get into. Anyone who doesn't understand that is wrong.

And yeah taffy, you're right. They're very different schools and have very different student bodies.

Taffy try applying, you never know. Write a good essay.
  • texdadtexdad Registered User Posts: 275 Junior Member
    I don't know if it still applies. It did this year. This is for in-state students. I think A & M is really hunting high SAT's, so 1360 plus top 50% looks good.

S got accepted to A & M in a week. He had to sweat UT till the end for this Sept. Top 25% at well known in-state public. 1450 SAT. A friend with identical stats had to start in the summer program to be admitted. Both were Liberal Arts. Virtually all other programs were harder. The top 10% students took up over 80% of the spots this year.
This discussion has been closed.