General Questions from an OOS student... please help?!?
So I've recently been accepted to UTD, and have just applied to its honors program. So far, it's looking like UTD will be where I end up going (there's a lot of pressure from my parent’s end as well), mainly because of scholarships. I would be getting the full tuition + $8000 from the NMF scholarship.
From what I've read, it seems like a pretty good school, but being a student from Illinois and never having heard of UTD until I became a national merit semifinalist, I do have some questions. It would be great if any current/past UTD students or parents could answer these :)
1) I've heard UTD is very math, science, and engineering focused... does this extend to medicine as well? How have your experiences been with the pre-med program?
2) Many of the old posts here say UTD has an ugly campus, but it has gone through a "beautification" process? Does anyone have any updates on this? How does the campus look like now?
3) I realize I would be in the minority as an out of state student... would you say it would be hard to fit in? Do people already come in as friends?
4) I know that UTD is technically a commuter campus, and many kids probably go home, especially on the weekends. From what you've seen, approximately what % of students go home on the weekends? I don't exactly want to spend my weekends alone at college...
5) I’m going to major in neuroscience. Does anyone have anything they can share about this major? classes, difficulty etc..?
6) Any comments on the CV Honors Program?
I realize that this is a lot, but any answers on any of the above would be a great help. Thank you so much!