right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Prestige differences between the campuses?

NewJeffCTNewJeffCT 204 replies7 threads Junior Member
My daughter is a high school senior in the US. Her high school has an excellent record placing kids at the University of Toronto. But, I wanted to know if there is a prestige difference between the campuses - in 5 years, is a degree from UT-Mississauga or UT-Scarborough worth less than a degree from the main campus of St. George? Similar to how UC-Berkeley and UCLA are a bit more prestigious than UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, etc. Not that UCI, UCD, etc are not very good, but UCLA and UCB are a notch above.

Thanks
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Prestige differences between the campuses?

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 14918 replies1010 threads Senior Member
    Misssissauga and Scarborough are essentially suburban commuter schools. It is not a UCLA/UCI distinction it is more a Penn State main campus/Penn State Altoona difference.
    · Reply · Share
  • NewJeffCTNewJeffCT 204 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Thanks - so, it's kind of a step down then.
    · Reply · Share
  • 57special57special 625 replies15 threads Member
    Yup.
    · Reply · Share
  • NewJeffCTNewJeffCT 204 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Thanks - that is kind of disappointing. My daughter was intrigued by the duel degree program from UT Mississauga and Sheriden College for theatre & drama.
    · Reply · Share
  • boudersbouders 2485 replies173 threads Senior Member
    The prestige in that program would come from Sheridan College. Its Faculty of Animation is one of the best in North America.

Canadian universities don't really do theatre and drama like US universities do. It's treated as an academic subject in the universities. The colleges have the performer training programs.
    · Reply · Share