right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

University of Toronto vs. Brown University

rafiki123456rafiki123456 0 replies2 threads New Member
edited July 9 in University of Toronto
My S17 is trying to decide between University of Toronto St. George and Brown University. He is interested in studying Biology, and may want to go to medical school. However, he has plenty of other interests including political science and world languages.

We are dual citizens. UTSG would cost $20K per year, which we can pay without any debt. Brown would cost $75K per year.

He would greatly prefer a Brown education, but I am unsure if the extra cost is worth the Ivey education ......although I have heard that premed at Toronto can be quite daunting

Would Appreciate any guidance ...
edited July 9
2 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Toronto vs. Brown University

• NJCityNJCity 109 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Brown’s open curriculum lends itself well to students with varied educational interests. If you can afford it then Brown is the best option.
    · Reply · Share
  • boudersbouders 2688 replies187 threads Senior Member
    A high GPA is required to get into med school. It will be easier to get at Brown.

If he wants to go into research or learn more exotic languages, then go to U of T.
    · Reply · Share