right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UVM EA Class of 2023

Replies to: UVM EA Class of 2023

• lax432lax432 9 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    does anyone know what time on thursday it will be posted?
    · Reply · Share
  • emmajjjaneeeemmajjjaneee 4 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    hi there- i got an email informing me that financial aid will be sent in march.
    · Reply · Share
  • JBSeattleJBSeattle 1050 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
    @emmajjjaneee
    Do you know if that is applicable for merit/scholarship $ as well?
    · Reply · Share
  • lexluthor5lexluthor5 450 replies24 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 474 Member
    edited December 2018
    Vermont seems to typically release merit the same day or next day after the decisions.

I would think that their net price calculator would give you a good idea on merit as it does ask for specific statistics.
    edited December 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • JBSeattleJBSeattle 1050 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
    @lexluthor5
    It does but unsure if GPA is weighted or not and it can make a $4K a year difference which is not chump change.
    · Reply · Share
    But, great if they inform that quickly on merit. i am finding many wait until the announce the whole financial aid package (based on what i am hearing as my D has only heard back from one school which does it that way).
    · Reply · Share
  • lexluthor5lexluthor5 450 replies24 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 474 Member
    The colleges must do it as weighted. How else could they evenly compare applicants?

Our problem with the npcs is that our hs is on a 100 point scale, so we don't know how each school converts to 4.0.
    · Reply · Share
    @lexluthor5
    Yes, you kind of are making my point as my D's school does not weight their grades. They only provide an unweighted GPA.
    · Reply · Share
  • jalohajaloha 33 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Cost was important ( total $31k) grant plus scholarship. The Rubenstein environmental program has a great program. There is a 3 plus 2 BS plus JD law option at UVM. Student to faculty ratio a consideration as rubenstein only takes 160 freshman with 6 majors. Finally, I have family in Vermont. And yes Burly is fabulous. She’s been to Montreal, Philadelphia for a conference, hiking for her math class, she lives in the sustainability dorm with a roommate from Stowe and they have a nice group of friends. Her grades are good and she loves her classes. Looking forward to her coming home to warm up this week. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    Oh and UVM has a very involved and supportive parents Facebook page. It’s truky been a blessing this far away. Fabulous gro
    · Reply · Share
  • JackHakulaJackHakula 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    2 days!!
    · Reply · Share
  • goingclassof2023goingclassof2023 7 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    if I qualify for the presidential scholarship on their net price calculator does that give me a decent chance for acceptance?
    · Reply · Share
    @goingclassof2023
    Yes and it means that you have a good chance for the scholarship (albeit not a guarantee).
    · Reply · Share
  • CGHmanCGHman 7 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Does anyone know what time on Thursday decisions will be posted?
    · Reply · Share
    The merit scholarship came with the acceptance and the entire package came later in the early spring. When that happened, the net price pushed UVM ahead of many choices.
    · Reply · Share
  • libarts123libarts123 41 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    I applied EA hoping to get into honors college
    · Reply · Share
  • Penned23Penned23 15 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    5 pm ET
    · Reply · Share
  • BreezeEazeBreezeEaze 49 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Need based aid will be released between mid February and mid March depending on EA or RD.
    · Reply · Share
  • BreezeEazeBreezeEaze 49 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    If all the information you put into the net price cal is correct, AND you have strong academics, have met all entrance requirements, and have a strong senior year, I believe so, yes! Wishing you well in the admissions process!
    · Reply · Share
  • alr120alr120 7 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I haven't seen the 5pm EST notice anywhere but here. Where are you gathering this information? Thx.
    · Reply · Share