Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Deferred: statement of interest?

jfk101jfk101 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited December 2008 in University of Vermont
Hey all:

So I was deferred from UVM until regular admission, and they suggest that I send in a statement of interest. While I understand generally what this should include, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should include and what I shouldn't include? Also, is there anything else that I can do to help my chances of getting accepted (ie. anything else to send)?

Replies to: Deferred: statement of interest?

• Mom2009Mom2009 Registered User Posts: 213 Junior Member
    How did you find out already? Were you a VIP applicant or an EA applicant? I would imagine that you will need to send your mid-year grades. In addition, I would send an update on your EC activities. Not sure what else you could do to improve your chances. My son is anxiously waiting for an answer from UVM, but I fear he may also be deferred.
  • Chelsea0011Chelsea0011 Registered User Posts: 210 Junior Member
    Have you visited the campus? If so, and you were pleased, I'd talk that up. I would also think about what I was interested in studying, and use the course book to find course subjects that interest you. And if I had a strong personal reason to want to be at UVM, I'd go with that. Is being at a state college important but you don't want a school so large you are lost? Do you like snow? Bottom line is to tell them your interests and why UVM can meet them.

Fact is that your numbers are good enough to be accepted. Now tell them why they should do it.
This discussion has been closed.