Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

how to get in

montlciar123montlciar123 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited June 2014 in University of Virginia
I'm a freshman right now and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on getting in. I'm in the highest classes possible (besides algebra and biology) I also have 101 hours of community service and I have played track, and cross country throughout the school year. Thanks

Replies to: how to get in

• 110percentwahoo110percentwahoo Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member

But seriously, getting into UVA is no different than trying to get into any other top school. Get the highest grades you possibly can while taking your high school's hardest schedule possible, get the highest standardized test scores you possibly can, do activities that you're passionate about (depth > breadth as in it's better to do 3-4 things you love than 6-7 you're meh about), put thought into your college essays when the time comes to write them and find people who can write legit recommendations for you.

The last element you'll need is luck. There's always a bit of randomness to the college admissions process unfortunately. If you do the things I told you in the preceding paragraph better than your competition however, luck will be a smaller part of the equation.
This discussion has been closed.