Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Groceries for living on the Corner

yankeeboy23yankeeboy23 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
Hey guys, so I will be living in GrandMarc this year. However, no one in the apartment will have a car (although I have other friends in GrandMarc who will have cars, plus frat brothers who I could do grocery runs with). My question though is, if I can't get a ride to the Kroger, Harris Teeter, etc., what can I do for groceries? Is there somewhere on the corner I could go, or do any grocery stores do delivery?

Replies to: Groceries for living on the Corner

• MamalumperMamalumper Registered User Posts: 457 Member
    There is a CVS and a very small grocery store on the corner for some things like bread and milk etc. But there are buses that you can take to the grocery stores on Emmett street
  • CharlieschCharliesch Registered User Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    There also is a downtown farmers market, in a parking lot on the south side of the downtown. I think it is open Sat. mornings. You can probably take the free trolley there.
  • sabaraysabaray Registered User Posts: 6,814 Senior Member
    Relay Foods. Online ordering from a variety of local stores; for an additional fee, they will deliver. Look into Zipcar as well.
  • CharlieschCharliesch Registered User Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    One more alternative is to buy a foldable metal shopping cart for about $20. It can allow you to easily transport many pounds of food while walking back from a store.
  • Dean JDean J College Rep Posts: 4,469 Senior Member
    Relay is a great suggestion! They also have a pick-up point across from the Medical School's Alumni Association (on West Main, before the new apartment buildings). You could walk there or take the trolley.

I imagine that you'll make friends with neighbors that have cars and you'll find your way to the big grocery stores. :)
This discussion has been closed.