Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Brown College waitlist

ApertureRunApertureRun Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
So, I just got my housing offer for the IRC, which I'm pretty pumped about since it was my second choice. But I was still still curious about my first choice, Brown, so I emailed housing and was told that I'm #12 on the Brown waitlist and should just go ahead and accept the IRC spot since I probably won't get a room in Brown as #12. Could someone familiar with Brown advise me on how to handle this - whether I should go ahead with the IRC or try to hold out for Brown? I have no idea how much of a chance someone with my ranking on the waitlist has of actually getting a room. I'm not sure if housing is correct about my low Brown chances or if they just want me to commit as soon as possible.

I'm a second-year transfer, if it's relevant. I'd be perfectly happy with IRC but just want to make sure I'm setting myself up for the best possible outcome.

Replies to: Brown College waitlist

• hazelorbhazelorb Registered User Posts: 3,240 Senior Member
    Go for IRC, waitlist for transfer students for Brown is very hard to get off of.
  • CbatarsehCbatarseh Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    How did you get your housing offer from the IRC? I applied to Brown as my first choice and IRC as my second, but I haven't heard back from either of them.
  • ApertureRunApertureRun Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    I got an email from the housing office on the 11th telling me my offer was ready, and I followed the link in the email to a page with all the information.
  • ccharkeeccharkee Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys. I got on the waitlist for Brown also. #8... I got a housing offer for Weedon though.
    so I guess I shouldn't wait either huh?
  • hazelorbhazelorb Registered User Posts: 3,240 Senior Member
    As a transfer student, anything past #1 or #2 will not happen. As a first year it is more probable but still low low chance.
This discussion has been closed.