So, I just got my housing offer for the IRC, which I'm pretty pumped about since it was my second choice. But I was still still curious about my first choice, Brown, so I emailed housing and was told that I'm #12 on the Brown waitlist and should just go ahead and accept the IRC spot since I probably won't get a room in Brown as #12. Could someone familiar with Brown advise me on how to handle this - whether I should go ahead with the IRC or try to hold out for Brown? I have no idea how much of a chance someone with my ranking on the waitlist has of actually getting a room. I'm not sure if housing is correct about my low Brown chances or if they just want me to commit as soon as possible.
I'm a second-year transfer, if it's relevant. I'd be perfectly happy with IRC but just want to make sure I'm setting myself up for the best possible outcome.