Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Pre-med with a non-science major at UVa?

canusacanusa Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
I would like to become a doctor in the future but consider myself very well rounded in the sense that I like everything: maths, sciences, languages, writing, arts, history, philosophy, sociology, etc. I know that at UVa you can be Pre-Med without being a bio (or chem or physics) major, and am wondering how people find this opportunity: do you like it? Do you find that it is better to pick a non-bio major? Did you find it harder or easier to get into grad school afterwards with a non-bio major?

In addition, I would like to do bio-related research at UVa, and I feel like it would be more appealing to do bio research and major in something else (like Spanish or Studio Art) just to keep myself from getting into a one-track mind (while taking some bio courses, of course). What are your opinions?
This discussion has been closed.