Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UVA Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

Replies to: UVA Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

• msportmsport Registered User Posts: 507 Member
    @jackis As long as you don't get a D or below, or convicted of any criminal offenses - you should be fine. More than 1 C will be suspect though so I'd try to avoid anything more than one C on your transcript (if you even are worried about a low grade)
  • techuva8techuva8 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Yikes. I’m a freshman at Mason and we end exams on the 16th. I hope they accept final transcripts later than that
  • deliciousSteakdeliciousSteak Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    Anyone knows when they usually will start to get off waitlist? Or do we must wait until June?
  • mualphabotmualphabot Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    @deliciousSteak the uva transfer blog says the 16th. Also, I just got housing signups and everything.
  • TerrierNationTerrierNation Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    Visiting Charlottesville next week, any recommendations for things to do there besides tour UVA?
  • Collegehelp4usCollegehelp4us Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    Monticello downtown mall to walk around may have concerts. Really nice restaurants right on Main Street.
  • 9Opercent9Opercent Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, I was accepted into CAS several days earlier, really excited to be a part of the UVa community from the upcoming Fall. However, I do have one question. Does anyone know the attention UVa pays to the final transcript? How will that affect your acceptance?
  • 9Opercent9Opercent Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, I was accepted into CAS several days earlier, really excited to be a part of the UVa community from the upcoming Fall. However, I do have one question. Does anyone know the attention UVa pays to the final transcript? How will that affect your acceptance?
  • StuartGStuartG Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey everyone. I was accepted to CAS, but am potentially not going to enroll. The off campus apartment I was planning on living in, Dinsmore Row Apartments, would have an open room. Is anyone looking for housing? It is located less than 1 block from the corner and the Rotunda. Please let me know!
  • csh3fgcsh3fg Registered User Posts: 3 New Member

Hi, If you're in need of housing, my roommates and I need people to fill our lease at the Greek on Virginia Ave! It is a great location and the apt is basically brand new! Email me at [email protected] if you're interested or want more details!! Thanks so much!
  • csh3fgcsh3fg Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @Lavender111 @acceptancewoohoo @redgolden173 @beachgrl148 @benzgirl714 Hey guys! I saw you were all looking for housing! My roommates I have an apt we are looking for people to fill, it's the Greek apt on Virginia Ave! They're super close to the corner, classes and are really nice! Email me at [email protected] if any of you are interested!! Also congrats on getting in best decision everrrr
    Just some advice if you are looking for housing. If you are taking over an ongrounds lease, do it through residential life. You do not pay as UVA will bill you. For off-grounds, get a copy of the lease and make sure you get a UVA email address when dealing with other students.
  • acd2swacd2sw Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I'm a second year transfer from a community college. I'm admittedly nervous about this fall. Would you guys recommend that I stay on campus or off campus for someone as new to the whole 4 year college thing as I am?
    @acd2sw really a matter of preference. As a mom I like the checks and balances of being on grounds. Also plenty of 2nd years still live on campus so if you got put with one of them they could show you the ropes. Attend the transfer events and join some clubs. Uva is a very welcoming place. Good luck
  • KarangylKarangyl Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Has anyone received their admission packet yet?? Cause I haven't (I'm an international student)