Ch2023Ch2023 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
OOS
SAT: 1510
ACT: 33
School: top 25% private school in Georgia

GPA:
91.22 (3.65) UW
95.3 (3.82) W
A quick note about this is that my weighted GPA may seem low, but my school is much more difficult than the surrounding public schools. Even the smartest kids in my school seldom have more than a 4.0W and they are brilliant.

APs: Human Geography (3), World History (3), US History (4), Calculus BC (5 and 5 subscore). This year I am taking Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, and Statistics.
ECs (how weak?):
Rotary Club
Eco Club
Sporting Clays Team since junior year
worked in a motorcycle shop for a summer
volunteer organizer for local sporting event
will have 30 hours working in a dog shelter by the time I send applications
raised money for the NRA as a part of the sporting clays team
60 hours total community service
NSHSS

I will also note that I lived in Virginia from age 1-13 before moving to Georgia. My Dad still lives in Virginia, but I am not a dependent of his. Is there anyway I could get instate treatment for my application, and if not, would living in Virginia for 12 years help me at all? I know it is a long shot, but it is worth asking.

4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance Me For UVA

• KiyoSanKiyoSan 12 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Your standardized test anc GPA do stand out! It also has to do with what you're applying to because then you can better organize your list of activities and even come up with a resume. In addition I would say that NSHSS is generally less helpful because the rather low credibility of it. Wish you good luck because I am applying to that school too!
    · Reply · Share
  • EconloverguyEconloverguy 18 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    You seem like a fairly competitive admit for UVA. What are you planning to major in? Your ECs seem a little scattered, but it seems that your schedule shows an interest in a technical field (comp sci, math, etc.). Could make sense to apply to those majors rather than others
    · Reply · Share
  • Ch2023Ch2023 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I plan on doing a finance major so I'm not sure how to tie in my ECs :l
    · Reply · Share
  • WahooAS2021WahooAS2021 32 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    No need to tie in your ECs. You won't start finance courses until third year. The McIntire School of Commerce (which hosts the finance concentration) doesn't even let students in right out of hs--there is a competitive admissions process in your fourth semester.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity