right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Can you guys help me gauge my chances of getting back into UVa

phl1gg1nphl1gg1n 0 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
I’m a rising senior in Richmond VA with a 3.9 out of a possible 4.7, but my grades have been steadily going up. Last year I took 5 AP classes and got As in all of them and raised my GPA by almost 2 tenths of a point. I am also taking 4 my senior year and took one my sophomore year for a total of 10. I have a 1350 SAT and I have gotten 4s and 5s on all my AP exams (except Spanish I got a 2 lol). I ran track and cross country and swam for the first two years of high school before quitting to focus on school more. I also attended Boys State and was on the moot court (mock trial team) that won the Virginia Boys state tournament. I’m also a member of National English Honors Society and National Honors Society at my school and I have over 100 hours of community service including volunteer coaching basketball at my local YMCA and my high school. Additionally, I was an intern for the election campaign when Debra Rodman of the Va state assembly ran as a challenger and I’ve been a lifeguard for three years managing the last one. I feel like the two things that hurt me the most are my cumulative gpa and the fact that I go to a highly competitive high school (13th in the state) with a math and science center that makes it hard to have a high class rank without being in said center.
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity