right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UVA Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: UVA Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• youxilllyouxilll 13 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi guys, do you know if we could ask for an extension of deposit? I still haven't heard from two other schools and the deadline for uva is next Wednesday. Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • goodreadsgoodreads 36 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    @youxilll No, they won't give you an extension, especially if you are just waiting on other schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • youxilllyouxilll 13 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    got it. Thank you so much!
    · Reply · Share
  • ZZZXXXZZZZZZXXXZZZ 42 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    Hi everyone! Are there any groups for transfer students?
    · Reply · Share
  • JeffreyPoJeffreyPo 48 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist for McIntire applicants?
    · Reply · Share
  • ndcuvandcuva 45 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    hey guys did everyone receive their welcome packets yet lol
    · Reply · Share
  • bigbro1212bigbro1212 4 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Got accepted off the waitlist for Mcintire 😳😳. This is huge for me but the problem is I have already paid the deposit fee for W&M ( money’s not the problem) and I also submitted an application for housing. Lets hope they let me go easily lol
    · Reply · Share
  • alaskanlegend123alaskanlegend123 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    @bigbro1212 woha congrats! I haven't even gotten my final grades back yet :open_mouth: I hope you can work it out with W&M!
    · Reply · Share
  • UVAHopeful1995UVAHopeful1995 1 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Fall 2020 transfer is awhile away but I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on where I stand as of now. I want to apply to UVa School of Engineering and Applied Science. I am a Computer Science major at NVCC with a current GPA of 3.568 I will have all of the required courses completed by the end of Spring 2020 and will be applying while finishing up the very last required course and will be transferring as a 3rd year. I anticipate I will have finished the associates degree at a 3.4 GPA. I am currently working on obtaining recommendations and am involved in the coding club at school as well as do volunteer work where I live. Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
  • novatosocanovatosoca 20 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    How did you get notified that you got off the waitlist? did you get an email or did you just check the portal? Im also on the waitlist and don't know when I would find out
    · Reply · Share
  • Rjlake33Rjlake33 58 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    @Novascotia To my understanding, we will hear back on the first Friday of June if you applied for CAS. It's supposed to be sent out through an email.

Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist typically? How much do spring grades play a part?
    · Reply · Share
  • l2kidsl2kids 49 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Hi all, my daughter was accepted to CAS and put down her deposit. But after much soul-searching, she has decided to remain at her LAC and she will be rescinding her acceptance. So there will be at least one spot opening up soon...good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • HasanmHasanm 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys, I have two options for housing and really need your input. Should I stay on/off campus for $8-10k a year, or get driven by an acquaintance 2 hours coming and going everyday for a total of 4 hours and study/be in the comfort of my home (they are happy to do it and suggested it). I will be taking around 12-15 credits and am a CS major. Thank you
    · Reply · Share
  • klm63amgklm63amg 57 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    edited May 25
    @Hasanm Commuting four hours a day is no joke - I would definitely seek housing either on or off grounds for the extra $8k - $10k a year. Four hours a day may not seem like a lot on paper, but I can't imagine how draining that would become pretty quickly. Plus, you won't be able to partake in a lot of on-grounds activities that take place after class.
    edited May 25
    · Reply · Share
  • alaskanlegend123alaskanlegend123 22 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Has anyone gotten in off of the CAS waitlist?
    · Reply · Share