right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me - UVA EA

madp01madp01 47 replies7 threads Junior Member
edited December 2018 in University of Virginia
What are my chances for UVA?
BTW I'm an Asian female from a really competitive hs/area and I'm interested in Public Policy, Middle Eastern Studies, and Psychology. Highish income bracket and wouldn't get much aid. I'm in-state for UVA and I applied Early Action.

GPA: 3.85 UW 4.2 W
ACT: 35 one sitting
AP Scores: didn't submit any/put any on my common app...my counselor said not to and colleges apparently don't look at them that much but I'm worried
AP Classes: AP World (10), AP Chem, Calc AB, and Lang (11) (My school only lets kids take 1 AP their sophomore year then lets them take more junior year+)
Senior Year Classes: AP Physics 1, AP Calc BC, AP Gov, AP Stat, AP Art, Yearbook, Dual Enrollment English

Awards: GPA 4.0+ all four years, Girls State City Council Delegate, School Woman Scholar Athlete Award, Honor Societies (Art, Spanish, National), and #1 Voted poem on an online magazine

ECs: Started a club/nonprofit at my school (unique and different...I work with a lot of people in my community), started a jewelry business and all proceeds are donated towards gun reform, summer internship at law firm, one week internship at a district court in my city, captain for softball and golf team, tutor elem/middle school saudi arabian immigrant students, softball umpire, softball asst. coach, some other small clubs and volunteering at my church

Essays:
Common App - unique and showed who has shaped me into who I am today
CAS prompt - very unique and well written
Optional Beta Bridge prompt - it's good and reflective but I would change some parts looking at it now

Teacher Recs:
English Teacher - i didn't read but she really likes me and said I was one of her most engaged and passionate writers. She wrote about a special instance in her class that really showcased my character and writing abilities
Spanish Teacher - i didn't read but I participated in a lot of things in the class and was her favorite lol
Counselor Rec - i didn't read but she knows me pretty well...might be generic tho

***I'm worried about my GPA and my lack of AP scores...they are on the lower side and i didn't even provide my ap scores
edited December 2018
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me - UVA EA

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity