right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UVA Waitlist - Class of 2023

13»

Replies to: UVA Waitlist - Class of 2023

• DSOF20192023DSOF20192023 197 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    no email received from UVA
    · Reply · Share
  • Dean JDean J 4457 replies64 discussionsCollege Rep Posts: 4,521 Senior Member
    Mass emails sometimes get tagged as spam, so perhaps that is what's happening.

So you all, reddit, and the people who follow me on instagram know the news a little ahead of everyone else.
    · Reply · Share
  • DSOF20192023DSOF20192023 197 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    @Dean J Can you please post it here or in the https://uvaapplication.blogspot.com/
    · Reply · Share
  • KangJianKangJian 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @Dean J all the waitlisted students has been informed if he/she is off or still on the waitlist or be rejected ?
    · Reply · Share
  • Dean JDean J 4457 replies64 discussionsCollege Rep Posts: 4,521 Senior Member
    I'm not sure what I'm being asked here...the waiting lists for the College and Engineering are closed. Emails went out, the portal has updated, and posts went up on twitter, instagram, facebook, reddit, and here.

We are still monitoring the Architecture, Nursing, and Kinesiology groups and I'll post updates on my social media accounts when I have them.
    · Reply · Share
  • NOVAZWNOVAZW 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Perhaps I can clarify the question being asked. The phrases "waiting lists have been released" or "waiting lists are closed" aren't clear to a layperson as they are for admissions staff. I presume they are asking if they are still under consideration or if they've been rejected.
    · Reply · Share
  • vamom4vamom4 341 replies68 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 409 Member
    Arts & Sciences and Engineering are FULL. That's why the waitlist has been "released" / "closed." There are no spots available, so the students on waitlists for those programs have been told that UVA is no longer a possible option for them. UVA will not be taking any off those lists.

Architecture, Nursing and Kinesiology are still OPEN. There might be some availability in each of those programs, so for those waiting, there is still a chance. Whether that is for in-state or OOS students, we have not been told yet and there is no word on how many spots might be open.

And so, students and their families try to patiently and hopefully wait, with fingers crossed. Good luck to all!
    · Reply · Share
  • InnerEMOInnerEMO 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    my son got an email early last week informing him that he was not admitted. at least i can tell him it wasn't really a matter of his credentials, but rather the college of engineering just had no open spots. he is off to blacksburg, which of course we all know (especially those of us with hokie bias) carries much more engineering cred than any other college in the state of virginia. just a note, it does seem that academically, the gen z crew has amped up its game. in general, vt has accepted the most freshmen students in its history this coming fall, and as such, is allowing freshmen to acquire non-university housing off-campus. and what does this all mean? $$$CHA-CHING$$$ -- more students = more money in their pockets!
    · Reply · Share
  • momofthree55momofthree55 195 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 197 Junior Member
    My neighbors boyfriend who was called had applied to the school of architecture but ended up turning it down.
    · Reply · Share
    edited May 28
    My daughter says that the portal seems to have gone blank today. Wondering if they are about to announce the waitlist is closed.....

It just says:

Welcome to your MyUVA Application Portal, .

All the personal info is gone.
    edited May 28
    · Reply · Share
  • iwannagtfoiwannagtfo 10 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    hi! wondering if she got in?? im waitlisted for a transfer and my portal currently shows like that as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • Vagirl123Vagirl123 48 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @vamom4 did she get any more info? was her waitlist closed or did she get an offer?
    · Reply · Share
  • Rjlake33Rjlake33 58 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    @vamom4 We are actually talking about the same thing in the transfer waitlist thread as well. Three of us in the thread have the same message as well and we are all just as confused as you guys.
    · Reply · Share

Sorry, I haven't been back on here. Later that night, an email went out saying the handful of remaining students from the waitlist were being released. No spots. It was then announced in the blog the next day.

So, my daughter is heading out of state, which is a shame. (Though she is happy and excited about the other choice)

Virginia really needs more direct admit nursing spots. We need nurses and it is silly to send interested students out of state when we could be training them to work in Virginia. UVA with about 50 in-state spots and Longwood are the only direct-admit programs currently. My daughter wants to live and work in Virginia, but she now has to pay way more to go elsewhere.

Regardless, she is honored to have almost gotten in to UVA nursing. Last year's in-state admit rate was only about 14%. Not sure about this year.
    · Reply · Share