right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA REGULAR DECISION 2024

rickqwertrickqwert 52 replies5 threads Junior Member
I didn't see a thread for RD so I started one.
edited March 18
144 replies
Post edited by CCadmin_Jon on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA REGULAR DECISION 2024

• PurpleFrogPurpleFrog 8 replies2 threads New Member
    Hello! I saw on the UVA Instagram that decisions might come out late January as opposed to early February. Hopefully it's valid!!
    · Reply · Share
  • SCgirl1SCgirl1 31 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @PurpleFrog When/where did you see an Instagram post about early action release date?
    · Reply · Share
  • Dean JDean J College Rep 4506 replies64 threads Senior Member
    I said during my instagram live last night that we always hope to release early. No one wants to be that school that made students wait until the last possible moment.

That being said, we won't take shortcuts with reading applications to be early.
    · Reply · Share
  • rickqwertrickqwert 52 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @Dean J I saw on the UVA website that mid year reports are needed? What happens if decisions are released early and the mid year reports can't get to UVA?
    · Reply · Share
  • rickqwertrickqwert 52 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @PurpleFrog Did you mean April 1? Because that's when Regular Decision is released.
    · Reply · Share
    @rickqwert That was for Early Action, not Regular Decision. I probably should have clarified - and I realize now this may have been the wrong thread to post that in. Most of the talk about UVA dates at that point in time was about Early Action. Now, we can switch our focus to Regular Decision, which they have yet to give many updates about....
    · Reply · Share
  • LastdecisionLastdecision 4 replies0 threads New Member
    My son wait for regular decision too.
    · Reply · Share
  • currentbsstudentcurrentbsstudent 29 replies0 threads Junior Member
    hi! does anyone have a sense of when decisions might come out? of course we can expect them by or around April 1st like with every school, but I've noticed that for some schools, people have a sense of 'they always release on thursdays" or "it's usually the second week of march." anyone know anything about years past (though of course, with the use of EA and ED this year things could change). really looking forward to hearing back!
    · Reply · Share
    hi! does anyone have a sense of when decisions might come out? of course we can expect them by or around April 1st like with every school, but I've noticed that for some schools, people have a sense of 'they always release on thursdays" or "it's usually the second week of march." anyone know anything about years past (though of course, with the use of EA and ED this year things could change). really looking forward to hearing back!

They typically release on Friday evenings. We can probably expect decisions on March 27, if not earlier.
    · Reply · Share
    You can see every decision date since 2007 if you look at posts from March on the blog: http://uvaapplication.blogspot.com/
    · Reply · Share
  • SxofusSxofus 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    March 22nd since 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • cowboysfan2001cowboysfan2001 36 replies1 threads Junior Member
    One thing that I've noticed is that UVA has a very unproblematic admissions process. They do a good job of trying to release decisions early and announce any information they can to ease stress, and the admissions team is highly involved with applicants in answering questions.

I am definitely considering attending UVA next fall and I hope you all will be in that position soon, too. Best of luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • emt2002emt2002 33 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Any hope for decision release Friday March 20th?
    · Reply · Share
  • coco3611coco3611 53 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @emt2002 Here’s hoping!
    · Reply · Share
  • drewh02drewh02 110 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I highly doubt it. Considering the Early Decision reintroduction and the sheer amount of deferrals, paired with the current pandemic, I'm thinking the RD notifications will come on the 27th. UVA typically releases on Friday, as it is the end of the week and students can process their decisions over the weekend before they return to school. With the school closings, I'm wondering if they might release mid-week next week as opposed to Friday, because the majority of the schools in the country are closed.
    · Reply · Share
  • fl1234fl1234 262 replies1 threads Junior Member
    One reason some schools release on Fridays is that those not accepted have 2 1/2 days to get over it before they can call Admissions. Cooling off period....
    · Reply · Share
    If you applied RD to UVA, you can check your portal tonight for your decision.

I'll post some statistics on my admission blog in a few hours to provide some context.

Good luck, everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • mountainmama416mountainmama416 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Thank you @Dean J for all of your help! Crossing my fingers for tonight!
    · Reply · Share
  • 5OnTheHill5OnTheHill 131 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Dean J wrote: »
    If you applied RD to UVA, you can check your portal tonight for your decision.

I'll post some statistics on my admission blog in a few hours to provide some context.

Good luck, everyone!

Agreed - so appreciate the communication and transparency in this very stressful process. Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • furniturefurniture 70 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Wait we think decisions are being released tonight??
    · Reply · Share