right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me for UVA? (sort of stressed)

RisingSenior2020RisingSenior2020 2 replies3 threads New Member
Hello! I'm a junior whose first choice is definitely UVA. I am looking to apply ED to UVA. Quarter 3 grades were recently finalized (and I doubt I am going to be able to increase grades in Quarter 4 what with having to be home because of this virus for so long - so pretty much, Q3 grades are going to be my semester 2 grades). I ended up with a C+ in Calc AB and a B in Physics (Honors). My school does send a note to colleges about the difficulty of our calculus class, but I'm worried about how this is going to hurt my admission chances for UVA. I am thankful for any advice!

Stats:
Asian female - currently a junior interested in medicine
GPA - 4.42 (weighted)
SAT - 1600, 740 (USH), will take Bio and Chem
AP's - US History (5), Env Science (4), Chem, Bio, Psych, Gov, Latin, Comp Sci, Calc AB, Lit, Stats
Dual Enrollment classes - microbiology and research
EC's
- president of medical club
- volunteering at hospital for 150+ hours
- shadowing doctor every now and then
- interning at a lab for 8 hours a day for 4 weeks
- conducting research project next year
- latin club
- Model UN (2 regional level awards)
- summer medical internship this summer (I'm currently hoping it's not cancelled)
Honor Societies - NHS, NEHS, Latin Honor Society, Science Honor Society
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me for UVA? (sort of stressed)

• isabel72isabel72 36 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @RisingSenior2020 One big question is are you in-state or out of state? Also, you already have a 1600 SAT but had trouble with Calc AB and Physics? These are the only red flags I see...you have great EC's and experience and consistent commitment to medicine which is good. Best of luck...my daughter was accepted this year OOS.
    · Reply · Share
  • RisingSenior2020RisingSenior2020 2 replies3 threads New Member
    I am in state. I was quite surprised at my SAT score (the highest I had gotten on practice ones was a 1550), but yeah, I really realized I'm not the best at calc or physics..
    · Reply · Share