right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance at UVA Acceptance

user_771544user_771544 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi! UVA is my top school and I was wondering what my shots of acceptance are. I'm currently a junior in high school. I'm deciding between applying to nursing or the college of arts and sciences. I know nursing has a lower acceptance rate, but does that make it harder to get into? I'm interested in psychiatry but I'm not set on it. I am also planning on applying early decision.

STATS:

-By the end of this year my GPA should be around a 4.45
-I am a Full IB student
-I've had all A's up until this year, this year I got a B in IB Anthropology SL and IB Bio HL
-I'm unsure of how my school is handling the grading due to the current situation, but as of right now I have a 79 (C+) in IB Math Applications HL
-I got a 4 on my AP Comparative Government exam
-My highest SAT score was a 1380, however, I decided that the ACT is better for me and will be taking that the next available opportunity. Based off of my practice tests I am hoping to get a 33-34
-I am a legacy
-I am in state
-I've run cross country and track throughout high school, however, I was only varsity my sophomore year for cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track
- I was sophomore class president
-I've been playing piano for 8 years
-I'm a member of 3 honor societies, Model UN, Spanish Club, Environmental Science club, and Chess Club
-I do not have a lot of volunteer experience but I was planning on volunteering at a local hospital this summer, however, since this is no longer an option I have been sewing medical masks to donate to my local hospital
- I was planning on attending Girls State
-I have lifeguarded for two years

1 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance at UVA Acceptance

• foreign nativeforeign native 3 replies2 threads New Member
    I got in and I had a higher GPA but a lower SAT score and didn't take the ACT, I had a couple of B's on a full IB schedule. You sound like a great candidate, especially in-state! Good luck
    · Reply · Share