Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UVA App Question

rizdizrizdiz Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited January 2005 in University of Virginia
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this question was on the freshman application, but I had a question involving something on the transfer app. On the Transfer Supplement section of UVA's transfer app, one of the options for question 7 is "Describe your 'best' day." How is everyone approaching this one? The quotes around the word "best" are throwing me off a bit. Do you suppose that it can be interpreted as a hypothetical best day? Just curious which way you guys are taking this one, or would take it. I plan on doing it hypothetically, because I think I could have a lot more fun with it that way.
Post edited by rizdiz on

Replies to: UVA App Question

• Novastudent08Novastudent08 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    Good idea - have fun with it; that's what they want. Having fun leads to creativity (I supposed they are sometimes one in the same) and creativity=admission.

I am also applying to UVA as a transfer student and I am probably going to 'tackle' that question as well. I have been thinking a lot of about it lately and have a few ideas. I was possibly thinking about picking a day in my life that may seem like a "bad" day to anyone else but resulted in me learning something important, making it the "best" day of my life; however, my idea needs a lot more tweeking.

Anyway, best of luck to you rizdiz. I hope to see you around campus next fall!
  • rizdizrizdiz Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Thanks nova, good luck to you as well. What school are you at now, and what year are you? I'm a freshman at the University of Kansas.
  • Novastudent08Novastudent08 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    No problem, riz. Currently, I am a freshman at Villanova University. just out of curiosity, which school are you applying to at UVA? I am going to Arts & Sciences, then hoping to transfer into McCentire for business in junior year.
  • cavalier302cavalier302 Registered User Posts: 4,343 Senior Member
    I'm applying as a freshman, and for the short answer question about trading bodies, I just had fun. It ended up being sort of creative...I hope they like it.
  • rizdizrizdiz Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Nova, looks like we're on the same track! I am actually a little unsure as to which school I should apply to, as it is debatable whether or not I have all the requirements completed for McIntire. I took a bunch of credit hours through dual enrollment during highschool at my local community college, and won't really know if those all transfer until I get accepted. So I think the plan is just to apply to Arts and Sciences, and worse case I will probably just apply to McIntire the next semester or something if all of my credits do indeed transfer.
  • nagahnagah Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    i did the trading bodies question also....i was accepted ED
This discussion has been closed.