Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chemical Engineering at UVA

tnalflncvatnalflncva Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
edited April 2010 in University of Virginia
Does anyone have any opinions of the Chem-E dept?
Post edited by tnalflncva on

Replies to: Chemical Engineering at UVA

• tnalflncvatnalflncva Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Don't everyone speak up at once...ha Thoughts on Chem-E would be helpful...thanks.
  • wahoogrl08wahoogrl08 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    I have a non-related thought: Be patient. :)

I'm sure that current and former students have many other things to do on a Saturday night besides hang out on a message board ;)
  • shoebox10shoebox10 Registered User Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    What "opinions" are you looking for?
  • canuck01canuck01 Registered User Posts: 528 Member
    As a current Chem-E student I will warn you that it is a lot of work. You will be spending many hours a night on various problem sets, labs, projects, etc. For the E-School, it is also definitely one of the harder majors.

That being said, if you're interested in it, and willing to put forth the effort, then go for it.
  • RodmanRodman Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    I have friends in ChE who really enjoy it, and I know it affords students some great opportunities -- one of my friends got her name on a patent during her first year. That said, it's also a ton of work.
  • weldonweldon Registered User Posts: 537 Member
    Possibly the OP would like some take on the quality of the teaching, course content, and lab/research facilities (which frankly look great to me).
This discussion has been closed.