Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

transfer to UVA from W&M?

InternationaleeInternationalee Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited April 2010 in University of Virginia
Is transferring to UVA from W&M crazy?

W&M is no doubt an excellent school, but it does not have a top business program and engineering program.

If i were to transfer to UVA-Mcintere? or UVA Industrial eng

What are the stats that i need?

I am thinking about transferring my sophmore year starting as a junior in my new school.

IF i try to transfer right after freshman year do i have to take the sat's again? SAT less than 2000
Post edited by Internationalee on

Replies to: transfer to UVA from W&M?

• wahoombwahoomb Registered User Posts: 741 Member
    Tons of people do it, from my hall at W&M approximately 12 transferred to UVA (myself included). People I knew had GPA ranging from 2.9 to 3.4, that's pretty much what you need since you're coming from an already excellent school.
  • InternationaleeInternationalee Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    My HS GPA is about 3.7, I am an international, and AVG SAT-1800-1900.

DO i still have a chance to transfer to UVA(Mcintere) from W & M?

If i were to apply as a sophmore would it be unlikely to get in compared to applying as a

junior to UVA? or is there actually a great chance that if i finish my freshman year and apply

with around 3.5-3.8 GPA i will get in?

I was thinking dobule major maybe in Marketing and Industrial eng(W&M does not have eng program)- maybe i am dreaming.
  • shoebox10shoebox10 Registered User Posts: 3,559 Senior Member
    1. UVA doesn't have industrial engineering
    2. Double majoring in the comm school and e-school is really hard, especially for transfers
  • barbozabarboza Registered User Posts: 489 Member
    I've never heard of someone double majoring in comm and engineering.. I think that's practically impossible given the structured set of courses each program outlines.
    That's why i said i was probably dreaming of double majoring in Bus and ENG.

If i apply as a sophomore at Virginia(Mcintere) do i have to retake the SAT's? or do i just have to maintain a good gpa at W & M.
    GPA only..
    So If i apply as a sophomore at Virginia(Mcintere) i just have to maintain a good gpa at W & M. Hmm... What will be the range of GPA that i need? at least 3.5 right?
    Well a GPA that's above a 3.5 will help you no doubt.. but also focus on the classes you take such as fulfilling McIntire's prerequisites.. and secure a good internship.
  • GoBlue81GoBlue81 Registered User Posts: 3,942 Senior Member
    McIntire admissions stats for transfers:
    Application Process: Transfer Students
This discussion has been closed.