Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Course Registration Problems

vistanyvistany Registered User Posts: 870 Member
edited April 2010 in University of Virginia
I registered for my courses and got a decent schedule but I signed up for one 4 credit course and it was placed on hold. I was told to see my dean and he said he would release last week. When I checked the system yesterday it was still on hold.

I called the dean and he said it turns out he can't release it until the first years register but it should be okay since I will be a third year. Should I try to register for a different class and ditch this one? Is this even possible?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post edited by vistany on

Replies to: Course Registration Problems

• U.Va_hopefulU.Va_hopeful Registered User Posts: 278 Junior Member
    Is it because it would put you over the 15-credit allotment? This will clear up on August...something. Don't ditch the class, you won't be able to enroll in anything else either that will put you over 15 credits. Just wait to sign up for it, it'll be fine, especially if it's a class that first years aren't going to take.
This discussion has been closed.