Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I have a chance for UVA?

a.l.b.5a.l.b.5 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I have just entered my junior year of high school and the thought of where I would like to go is constantly on my mind. I really would like to attend UVA, but I'm not sure if I have a chance, I have heard it is extremely hard to get into. I haven't taken my SAT's yet...but here are all my stats...

Grades: I have a 4.0, but I am taking two weighted classes this year, and am hoping to have a 4.2 by the end of this year.
We just received our class rankings, and I was 1/288. My high school ranks everyone with a 4.0+ as 1, but if someone has a 3.9- (say 12 people had 4.0+'s) would be ranked 13/288.

As far as my ec's, I have:

Varsity Volleyball
Varsity Basketball
Varsity Track and Field
Spanish Club
Club Green
Key Club
Young Republicans Club
Spirit Club
Sophomore Class Secretary
Junior Class VP

Last year I was recognized for my grades and am in the "Who's Who of American High School Students"- not sure really what that is all about...is it legit?

I also have some volunteer hours...I only have around 30-40 or so..I'm hoping to get more.

I know I will have more clubs and volunteer hours before I apply, but if anyone has any suggestins on what else I need to do to have a better chance, please let me know!! Thanks for reading this and helping!! :)
This discussion has been closed.