right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Recommendations for "Writing" classes?

UDubhopefulUDubhopeful 184 replies64 threads Junior Member
edited February 2011 in University of Washington
What are some classes that are fun/easy that can also complete the "Writing" Requirement needed to graduate.

Thanks.
edited February 2011
5 replies
Post edited by UDubhopeful on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Recommendations for "Writing" classes?

• AzwolgAzwolg 73 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Almost everyone takes ENGL 111/121/131. Just pick whichever one sounds most interesting to you.
    · Reply · Share
  • UDubhopefulUDubhopeful 184 replies64 threads Junior Member
    What about something like Engl 200? It takes care of the "W" credit and also gives 5 "VLPA" too.
    · Reply · Share
  • smileeesmileee 91 replies3 threads Junior Member
    131 if you don't mind writing too much. 8 essays (6 2-3 pages; 2 7-8 pages). You have basically all quarter to do them (one is due every week but the teacher just gives you some feedback.. you can turn in a draft) and you pick 4 to be graded so it's basically like 4 drafts and 4 papers. not too bad
    · Reply · Share
  • UDubhopefulUDubhopeful 184 replies64 threads Junior Member
    Hmm thanks. English linked with a GE class seems a bit easier though. A lot less writing than the Engl 131 class you described.
    · Reply · Share
  • theamazingracetheamazingrace 43 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Depending on your major, the department might have limited choices for the writing credit. I know business has a choice of like 6 to choose from, but then for the other W credit it can be any "W" class.

If you like languages a lot, I think most of the 302/303 classes count as W. I know SPAN 302/303 count for W at least, so that's what I'm doing.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity