right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Transferring from UCSC

apainterapainter 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, Im a freshman at UC Santa Cruz. I like it to a certain extent but I definitely don't love it. The social scene has really disappointed me, I don't like most of the people I've met and its frustrating. I was thinking about transferring to University of Washington for my sophomore year but I was wondering what the social life is like there?

In Santa Cruz its really hard to get to parties because the school is so far up the hill, people aren't that outgoing, and people are often quite weird. What are people typically like in Washington? Are they outgoing? What are the "stereotypes"?

Also, how hard would it be to transfer? I want to visit the school in March and see how I like it.

Thanks a lot!
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity