right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Can I send my resume along with my transcripts?

laypk123laypk123 77 replies30 threads Junior Member
edited January 2011 in University of Washington
I am applying as a junior transfer right now, and it seems like they don't have any page on their application for you to put down your EC's and awards; I thought that was pretty weird...Although I am pretty confident with my essay and GPA, I still feel like they don't get enough information about me. They say please don't send any letter of recommendation or supplement material. I am wondering if resume count as one? has anyone done it before?
edited January 2011
5 replies
Post edited by laypk123 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I send my resume along with my transcripts?

• bgbincbgbinc 77 replies12 threads Junior Member
    I don't think it would hurt. I sent letters of recommendations from college professors, even though they will likely go in the trash. I'm a transfer applicant also. Sent application in on 12/23 and haven't heard a peep since.
    · Reply · Share
  • bgbincbgbinc 77 replies12 threads Junior Member
    "The Transfer GPA is used only for determining admissibility to the University. Some undergraduate programs at the UW, such as business administration or engineering, have selective admission policies. When they review transcripts, they may calculate the GPA differently; for example, some departments use only courses in the major field or the GPA earned in the last 45 credits."
    · Reply · Share
  • travelgirltravelgirl 714 replies33 threads Member
    a resume is a supplemental material. If they say not to send it in, and you do...it looks like you don't know how to follow directions.

If you're really worried, petition to get in. You can send your resume along with other supplemental materials when petitioning
    · Reply · Share
  • laypk123laypk123 77 replies30 threads Junior Member
    Well, I guess I will check with them on monday. The really weird thing about UW is that they seems like they don't care your ECs at all, especially when they are one of the top public school out their... This is pretty unusual, there are numerous of community colleges offering different level of class, and personal statement is something you can have someone to write it for you very easily when you don't provide a resume as a evidence. How can they judge base on these two simple factors?
    · Reply · Share
  • pumpkinspumpkins 478 replies167 threads Member
    Why? If they don't care about rec letters or "supplement material" why send in resume? Many people fail to understand this part of the application process.. UW simply does not want to look at student's resume, rec letter, or any additional information of that sort. They've already requested ENOUGH information on the application form to process a decision. Tip: Send a resume if you're in the mood to bother and annoy admissions.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity